Plugin WFN - Ambient Weather Unit Onboarding Instructions
For Purchase of Ambient weather unit model, please go through the points (1) & (2) in Plugin WFN Use Case - FAQ & place your order by clicking this link .
On this page, members will be guided to register in ambientweather.net and get the 'applicationkey' & 'apikey' to register your device on Plugin portal.
Members should follow the 'User Manual' provided with the device to connect the device with Wi-Fi and other installation steps. While setting up, please make a note of MAC address, which is used to register in step (III).
NOTE: Keep the API key and Application key generated in the above steps safe. This will be used in Step IX) for connectivity testing and the same will be used for registering your Device on the Plugin platform.
Once you created the apiKey & application key for your device, you can check the data transmission from your device to the ambientweather.net portal by following the below-mentioned steps.
- Click on the "List Users Device as highlighted in the image
- Now click on the "Try" button and enter your apiKey & application key in the respective fields
- Click on Call Resource and check the response. Once you get a successful response with weather data as given below, then you can register your device on the Plugin portal
- In the ‘Add New Device Tag’ page provide all the details which you collected including applicationkey, apikey, latitude, longitude, country, state, city, zip code, wallet address etc., and submit for approval.
- Team Plugin will validate and verify your node details, if the data provided by the user fails then it will be sent back to the user with ‘Return for Clarification’ with appropriate comments, so the user can rectify the issue and send it back for Approval.
- Once the node is moved to the 'Approved' state, the user needs to stake 1000 PLI & 5000 XDC to register as a data provider for the weather use case.
- To stake for Plugin WFN unit user needs to click on the 'WFN Stake' link provided on the menu.
- You can see the 'Stake now' button on the 'WFN Stake' page, When you click the button it takes you to the 'Add New Weather Stake' page. In place of 'No Approved Weather nodes Found.' you will get your Approved WFN device ID. Select the Device ID and please read through the 4 points mentioned on the page for successful staking.
- Now, click on the 'Sign' button to validate your wallet account address. After signing in you will get a button to 'Stake PLI'. Click on the 'Stake PLI' button and allow the transaction to complete successfully. Then the 'Stake XDC' button will get enabled and you can stake XDC successfully. IMPORTANT: Please don't move out of the page or close the page while the transaction is taking place.
- After staking is done successfully the node details will be pushed into our 'Data collector engine' and your contribution to the weather use case starts.