Plugin WFN Use Case - FAQ
This page provides the FAQ pertaining to the weather node. We will constantly update the FAQ based on our community interaction.
1) Which Weather Unit model should I buy to participate as a data provider? Members can purchase Ambient weather unit model as mentioned below. Members who had purchased Acurite weather unit can continue contributing the weather data. We started supporting Ambient weather unit now due to their global support. Members are advised to contact Ambient for their support in your local region.
Ambient weather Unit
2) Where can I purchase the Weather unit?
3) How to install the Weather unit?
Please follow the steps provided in the product manual.
4) How to register the weather unit on the Plugin Platform?
5) How much staking is needed for a weather unit to participate as a Data Provider?
1000 PLI & 5000 XDC should be staked to participate as data providers.
Please adhere to the following for successful staking.
- 1.Before you click the "Stake Now" button, make sure you have sufficient balance in your wallet(XDC & PLI).
- 2.Do not navigate out of your browser or close your window, after you initiate the Staking Txn. We will not be able to capture your transaction & you will lose your assets and we cannot trace them back.
- 3.Please wait for the transaction dialog box to trigger from your XDCPay and "Accept" the same.
- 4.Two alerts will trigger to the stake, one for PLI(1000) and another for XDC(5000). Please be patient and allow the XDCPay to open the Txn Dialog box.
7) What is the duration for weather unit staking?
This staking is for one year.
8) How much I will be rewarded for setting up this weather unit?
The First 100 users, will get 10% of staked PLI & 10% of staked XDC as reward benefits for maintaining the weather unit & keeping it up & running 24/7.
Community members can deploy multiple weather stations like one at home, office or shop, etc., subject to a minimum distance between 2 such sensors is at least 2 km.
10) What are the basic criteria needed to participate in a weather use case as a data provider?
One should have uninterruptible power and wifi access. An outdoor place to install the weather station outdoor unit, so that the weather station should be freely exposed to all weather environments without any interruption.
11) Do I need to set up a plugin node to register my weather unit?
Not really, you have the option to set up a weather unit and be a data provider. It is not mandatory to host a plugin node to be a data feed provider.
12) I have already installed the weather unit, as a beta user. Should I participate in staking?
Yes, it is necessary to be a part of the staking program to receive the reward benefits.
13) Is Staking enabled for the Weather unit?
Yes, Staking is enabled and for staking for WFN, you need to have 5000 XDC and 1000 PLI tokens in your wallet.
14) What are the details I need, to register the weather unit in the plugin platform?
15) What should I do if my weather unit is not working or switched off for any issues?
In such a situation, please raise a Ticket intimating your weather unit status to the Plugin team. So that we can stop collecting your weather details.
Please ensure to get back your weather unit in working mode to avail the reward benefits.
16) What if want to withdraw my stake, well within 1 year of the staking period?
We strongly recommend the data feed providers keep the machine running for 1 year to avail of the reward benefits. During the unavoidable situation, if you happen to relocate, then please ensure the weather unit is re-setup in a new location & share the inputs with us.
At any cost, "Un-staking" will not be entertained for 1 year.
17) Will I get reward benefits even after the staking period?
Yes, as long as we receive the data from your weather unit. You will be rewarded.
18) I am not on the "First 100" list, can I participate in this "weather unit" staking program?
Yes, Plugin welcomes data feed providers.
We are looking forward to deploying 1 Million weather units across the globe.
Currently we are allowing 1 weather node per member, but we have plans to accommodate more weather units per member.